Instructions to myself:
1) Praise the Lord and Give Thanks for all he has done
2) Remember the Lord is leading me
3) Take time to listen to where the Lord is leading me
4) Enjoy life! Cherish every minute.
5) Just do it! Strike a balance- Be a good steward. Commit and stay with it. (Don’t procrastinate!)
6) Be Positive! Stop complaining. Life is what it is- Accept it
These are the instructions to myself. Things that I want to live out. Lord, give me the strength to follow these instructions.
A few further instructions, perhaps lesser instructions, for myself. The things I wish I could do:
Seek to fill my time and thoughts with better things- Not fill my time with junk (like soap operas, listening to bickering, reality tv, etc)
Create More! Draw It! Photograph It! Write It!- Capture it
The question is though, how many of us really follow instructions? Do we even read them? It’s so tempting to jump right in there and try it out- without the instructions. But then when we mess up, we seek out the instructions- or hopefully we do. This is so often the case with our faith. When things go right, who needs to follow instructions. But, when they go awry, we seek them out.
Today, I seek out a life where God’s instructions guide my life, where I can follow instructions every day, every minute. I know that it’s an impossible task, but each day begins anew opportunity to follow his instructions- an opportunity to make the most of life.
(Prompted by Sunday Scribblings #26 – Instructions)